Steve Sparrow Entertainer
Singer • Guitarist • Songwriter
BORN TO PLAY MUSIC
Whether it’s for a listening audience that appreciates the talents of a skilled Acoustic guitarist and an accomplished vocalist – OR – a party crowd that wants to Rock On and dance all night, Steve Sparrow will deliver.
STEVE has been entertaining audiences professionally, around S.E Queensland, for nearly twenty years. (Both as a soloist, and also as part of Duos and Bands). His extremely wide repertoire ensures a top class show packed with a range of very good music. He’ll play through classic rock, soft rock, ballads, current material, mixing in blues, country, rock ‘n’ roll, comedy and some original material.
Born vision impaired, his love of many styles of music has led to his becoming the accomplished Guitarist / Vocalist that he is today. Steve has a great love and feel for Acoustic Music and his skill on the Acoustic guitar and excellent vocal style, combined with a stomp box for a great back beat and a little harmonica at times ensures ‘Ear-catching’ performances. The combination of this together with his driving electric sound, will also keep the dance floor full and the party crowd rocking. Steve’s work is perfectly suited for all pubs, clubs, restaurants, parties and private functions.
He receives many comments on the superb quality of his vocals, and excellence of his guitar work. He also works as a duo, “6+4” with bassist Sonic Edwards. This duo, consisting of Steve on guitar, vocals blues harp and stomp box, and Sonic on electric, Acoustic and Double Bass together with backing vocals really packs a punch and is worth checking out.
Steve has played many of the Pubs, Clubs and other venues around S.E Queensland including having had several, long term residencies. He has won many awards and performed at venues from far North Queensland to far western New South Wales and south to Sydney, as well as undertaking several overseas tours.
He is also regarded as a very well versed and qualified record producer. He has recorded and produced countless albums and demos for many artists at his studio “Sparrow Sound Studio” which he founded in the year 2000.
Major Local Achievements include:-
• Multiple Major Award winner at country music festivals (including ‘Gold Guitar’ in New Zealand.
• Main stage appearances at several Gympie Musters
• Cruise ship entertainer
Major International Achievements include:-
• Two tours of New Zealand.
• A four week tour of Switzerland, performing with international artists.
• A charity tour of the Solomon Islands which raised $20,000 for a handicapped children’s centre to be built in Honiara.
• Released album, of mainly original material, as a duo (“The Sparrows”).
• Several other, original, tracks released on various compilation albums.
• Latest release “Paint Your Cactus Green”. See new album page here – purchase through contact us
Past & Present Regular bookings
• Regular Entertainer The Cardigan Bar, Sandgate
• Regular Entertainer The Colmslie,
• Regular Entertainer The Ambassador, Redcliffe
• Regular Entertainer/Lead Guitarist at Lake Cooriobah – Noosa North Shore Retreat.
• Resident at ‘Dicey Reilly’s’ Irish restaurant. (Cleveland), for approx: 18 months.
• Resident at ‘Gilhooley’s’ Irish restaurant. (Brisbane), for approx: two years.
• Resident at ‘The Britannia Inn’ (Brisbane), for approx: two years.
• Resident at ‘The Shafston Hotel’ (Brisbane), for approx: 12 months.
• Regular performances at corporate functions for the Logan and Brisbane City Councils. (Citizenship and Australia Day Ceremonies plus other council events)
Currently performing regularly at various Clubs & Pubs around Brisbane including:-
‘The Ambassador’, ‘The Cardigan Bar’, ‘The Colmslie’, ‘Crusher’s Leagues’, ‘Nerang Fair Tavern’, ‘Hogan’s Wellington Point Hotel’, ‘The Woolshed’, ‘Wynnum RSL’, ‘O’Malley’s’ (Gold Coast), ‘Dooley’s’, ‘Wynnum Leagues’, ‘Dublin Docks’, ‘Nudgee Beach Hotel’, ‘The Homestead Tavern’, ‘Victoria Point Sharks’, ‘Waterloo Bay Hotel’, ‘The Boathouse tavern’, ‘The Runcorn Tavern, Aspley Hornets’, the Ambassador Hotel, and the glen hotel’ to name a few.
• Frequently booked for corporate & private functions (weddings, parties etc:).
• A vast range of material, which is varied to suit the audience, and constantly updated, a very small indication follows:-
• ‘Pub Rock’, including artists like:- u2, The Eagles, Cold Chisel, Crowded House, Elton John, Dire Straits, Pearle Jam, Led Zeppelin, Creedence , John Mellancamp, Doors, Men At Work, Bruno Mars, Train, Jason Mraz, Tom Petty, The Angels, Silver Chair, Talking Heads, AC/DC, Midnight Oil, Hunters and Collectors, Oasis, Bruce Springsteen, R.E.M., Pink Floyd, Paul Kelly, Santana, Faith No More, Passenger, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Powderfinger, Jimi Hendrix, Lenny Kravitz, Mumford and Sons, Matchbox 20, John Butler, John Mayer, etc.
Folk / Modern Country styles including material from:- Bob Dylan, Red Gum, Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, Cat Stevens, Johnny Cash, Jimmy Buffet, Doc Watson, Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, etc.
• Blues / Rock’n’roll including material from:- Eric Clapton, B.B. King, Rolling Stones, Lyrnyrd Skynyrd, Buddy Holly, Elvis, Beatles, Chuck Berry, Bob Seager, Roy Orbison, Rod Stewart, etc.
His repertoire also includes Australiana, and Celtic material, and is always in demand on special occasions such as Saint Paddy’s day and Australia day.